expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Adam & Papa Ron

Adam is two - almost three - years old and I am ......whatever, but we are buddies. We don't go out to bars together, but we do play golf together in the basement. We are both Cleveland Brown fans--he fogot his Browns shirt--and we are smiling because we are eternal optimists. We both like trains that go in circles and crash into each other. Adam drinks apple jiuce and I drink vodka. We both like books and cartoons. Adam likes to get in the water and swim, and I like to sit by the pool and appreciate the young ladies in their bikinis. We both love the beach and the ocean, the sand and the sounds. They speak to us and we understand. And we never discuss religion, sex, or politics. From time to time, we have our disagreements, but thay are minor. We also love the same women, but that is not a source of conflict. He is from Guatemala by way of Ohio; I am from Germany (3rd generation) by way of Ohio; but the important thing is he is my grandson and I am his grandpa or papa. He has a wonderful mom and great dad; I have a wonderful daughter and great son-in-law. That works out well for both of us. Adam attends Montessori school and enjoys his friends. I hang out at the tennis club and enjoy my friends. One of Adam's best friends is his dog, Skyler; I am allergic to dogs, but since Skyler is Adam's friend, she is my friend. Oh, and by the way, we both like to take naps, wrestle on the livingroom floor, and scare grandma. And then, there is food. We both love it--does that make us gourmets? We like our beef, chicken, pork and potatoes, but we also love Teddy Grahams, pop tarts, cookies, cake, and ice cream.

No comments: