expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Doctors Trying to Prevent Evaluation

When your doctor asks you to sign a privacy statement, you presume the document is designed to protect your privacy. Perhaps you should read it. Some of the "privacy" statements being used by doctors these days are a legal form in which you promise not to "publish or air" any unfavorable facts about the doctor's care. These doctors are not interested in protecting the patient's privacy, they are more interested in preventing you, the consumer, from "publishing or airing" an unfavorable review of their performance.

One has to question the doctor's confidence in the quality of the care he provides if, on his first contact with the patient, he tries to prevent that patient from evaluating that care. What's next? If I buy a Toyota Prius, is the dealer going to require me to sign a legal form that prohibits me from "publishing or airing" any unfavorable information about the car?

Personally, when a doctor asks me to abdicate my right to evaluate the care she/he provides me, I will be looking for a different doctor.

No comments: