expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

NFL Costs Too Much -- For Me

After reading that the average cost of attending an NFL game for a family of four was $412.64 and season ticket holders have to purchase personal seat licenses for $2000 or more, I intended to write that the cost of attending NFL games was excessive. But, since there are obviously many fans out there who are willing to pay that much, I have second thoughts.

I would not purchase a seat license just to have the opportunity to spend more money for season tickets to sit in the second or third tier and have to watch the large screen monitors to see what really happened on a particular play. I would rather sit in the comfort of my home and watch it on HD TV. I suspect there are many fans like me, but observing sell-out audiences, I realize that many are willing to spend big bucks to be a part of the crowd.

And, if that is how those people choose to spend their money, NFL tickets are worth the cost--at least for those fans.

No comments: