expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Eleven-Minute Super Bowl


Watching Super Bowl XLIV, I was once again reminded that I am an idiot. I allowed the NFL and CBS to waste 3 hours and 34 minutes of my time. If I had recorded it, I could have replayed just the actual plays in eleven minutes.

I started watching at 6:30 P.M. (kickoff) and turned the TV of at 9:45 P.M. (Drew Brees taking a knee to end the game). In that 3 hours and 45 minutes of time, I saw ELEVEN MINUTES of actual football plays. These highly paid stars performed football moves less time than "The Who" did in their painfully embarrassing half-time show. Granted, the game lasted 60 minutes of those 3 hours and forty five minutes, the plays only accounted for ELEVEN MINUTES. The rest of the 60 minutes was consumed with huddles, running the play clock down to 1 or 2 seconds, and players walking around. I guess the other 2 hours and forty five minutes were consumed by the sad half-time show, CBS's football experts who must have taken pep pills, and commercials, several of which were misogynistic. And I did learn that the the disturbing news that the E-trade baby is in a sexual relationship.

Given all that, and given that I am an idiot (or maybe because of that), I enjoyed watching the New Orleans Saints win their first super bowl.

No comments: