expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 4, 2010

Cloud Computing

Not being the brightest bear in the zoo, I am only now catching on to the concept of "cloud computing." I have been cluttering up my precious laptop with all sorts of programs and data, and now I realize I can store and manage all this material in the "cloud," i.e. multiple remote servers spread throughout the country. I could be using "cloud" versions of software for e-mail, calendars, word-processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.

The down-side of cloud computing may be concerns about security, but I suspect the providers of cloud computing have more layers of protection and better encryption that I have on my laptop.

As one may have suspected, Google (cf. Google docs) seems to be taking the lead in cloud computing.

No comments: