expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ron Paul Walks the Walk


Congressman Ron Paul and I would disagree on many things political, but I give him credit for walking the walk as he talks the talk. In these days when Republican hypocrisy is rampant in Washington -- take the case of the Republicans who voted against the Stimulus package, but are taking credit for the benefits of the package in their districts -- Ron Paul practices what he preaches.

On March 1, the Congressman, quietly and with no fanfare, returned $100,000 to the U.S. Treasury from his allotted office budget

“Since my first year in Congress representing the 14th district I have managed my office in a frugal manner, instructing staff to provide the greatest possible service to the people of the 14th district at the least possible cost to taxpayers,” said Paul.

How many other members of Congress return part of their allotted office budget to the Treasury?

No comments: